Monday, July 21, 2014

MEDITATIONS WITH THE CRICKETS

I once heard the hardest part of shamata meditation was not dispelling the angry or sad thoughts that arise, but dispelling the brilliant flashes of intellect, those which catalyze a masterpiece of art or literature.  Equanimity is challenging.  


I often find myself creating art after long meditation sessions, as a way to channel all the creative energy I have magnetized and accumulated.  This piece, Meditations with the Crickets, was made for and inspired by my husband.  Both of us have a profound love of the wilderness and have experienced deep spiritual communions with Mother Earth and the plethora of gentle animals that grace her fertile realms.  Deeper meditations than in any temple or with any congregation of people.  Trees, birds, foxes, snakes, herons, and all the other plants and animals surrounding us, hold profound messages of wisdom.  We just need to listen.  Thus, I recommend walking and/or sitting meditations among the trees and animals everyday. . .for your mental, emotional, and physical well being.

The crickets are excellent teachers. This drawing represents my connection to these wonderful little creatures.  It is apparent all things are interconnected and thus, Now truly is BLISSVOIDINDIVISIBLE.

If you are interested in a customized piece of art similar to this please message me.

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful thoughts and artwork. I also love meditating in nature best. With the natural light and sounds and air, I easily slip into deep meditation. On the opposite end of the spectrum, though, I have been very interested in trying this:

    http://themindunleashed.org/2013/06/sensory-deprivation-meditation.html

    Keep up the great work. I can't wait to collaborate!

    ReplyDelete